Ignite the Power of STEM Grant Program 2015 Winners
Mar 24, 2016
The Biogen Foundation is pleased to announce the winners of the 2015 Ignite the Power of STEM Grant Program, supporting districts, schools and teachers who participate in the MA STEM Summit.
A total of $80,000 was granted to 18 schools across the state funding innovative programs spanning K-12 in both urban and suburban districts.
The Ignite the Power of STEM program provides one-time grants to school programs that promote science literacy in innovative ways among students; enable teachers to bring new, exciting hands-on science experiences to their students; encourage equal-access, quality STEM education; and inspire students to pursue STEM careers.
Congratulations to the winners!
- Bagnall School for Bagnall School's STEAM Makerspace, Essex County
- Berlin-Boylston Public Schools for Maker Spaces Are Creative Places, Worcester
- Brockton High School for Real-Time Electrophoresis, Plymouth
- Charlton Middle School for Engineering an Assistive Device for the Handicapped, Worcester
- Crocker Elementary School for Lego Robotics, Worcester
- Everett Public Schools for Chemistry Program Initiative, Middlesex
- Hopkinton High School for Recruiting, Retaining and Celebrating Females in STEM, Middlesex
- Lowell Public School for Learning Garden Greenhouse, Middlesex
- North Brookfield Public Schools for North Brookfield Elementary School Launches Into STEM, Worcester
- Oak Ridge School for Camp Invention STEM Program at Oak Ridge School, Barnstable
- Sandwich STEM Academy Sandwich High School for Sandwich STEM Academy Scorton Creek Shellfish Restoration, Barnstable
- Silver Lake Regional High School for Silver Lake High School Biotechnology Program, Plymouth
- Somerville Public Schools for Real-world, Hands-on Learning Experiences for SHS Student-Scientists, Middlesex
- Stoneham Central Middle School for Middle School Introduction to Computer Science, Middlesex
- Swampscott High School for STEM Career and College Exploration for Swampscott High School Students, Essex
- Tahanto Regional Middle/High School for Get DNA the Simple Way, Worcester
- The Nathan Hale Elementary School for Year-long Robotics Class for Upper Elementary Students, Suffolk
- Valley Collaborative for Big Newton's Mobile Science Lab, Middlesex